ExtremePwnageNetwork
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a gaming network we play cod minecraft and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Terms and Guidelines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Forum Terms and Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Forum Terms and Guidelines   Forum Terms and Guidelines Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Hello, I am making this guide to a basic forum for many members who have never been in contact with a regular functioning forum. There are a lot of features on forums that many members do not take advantage of and I am here to help you with that

What is a forum?

A forum is a place to exchange detailed information and help others with problems they may be having. It is also a place where you can meet new members that have just joined the clan. A good tip when joining the clan is to visit the chatbox. On the chatbox there is a wide range of members chatting and it is great to get to know them! Everyone in EPN! is great about helping out new members.

What are some of the features of a forum?

A forum is great because you can post simple guidelines like these to control new members. You can also post useful information like How to Get a Nuke and other great tutorial guides to help members. This, along with a forums ability to change over time, makes a forum a great place for a clan.

How do I post in a forum?

There is no set guideline in starting out a post or posting as long as you follow forum rules. You may start out as saying hello like I do or you may just get straight to the point. The point being is, make your post as useful as possible and as detailed as possible. That way, members can easily read your topic and understand what you are typing.

Spam Posting

Time and time again new members love to spam post on the forum. I highly discourage this as I will look into your topic and either A.) close the said topic or B.) warn you of your 2nd offense and delete the topic. Spamming is VERY disheartening to certain members on here and these certain members contact me about the spam. So please, do us all a favor and do not spam

Forum Terms

Thread: A thread, also called a topic, is the entire original post PLUS the replies to that post.

OP: Also known as original poster, stands for the person who started the original topic.

Spam: Spam is ANYTHING that DOES NOT contribute to the original topic or does not have a well thought input.

Flaming: Also known as raging, flaming is combating other members over the internet with hate speech such as curse words and threats.

Keyboard Warrior: A keyboard warrior is a person who flames other members and will not stop unless he gets his point across. He/she often defends sensitive topics such as religion or politics.

Admin/Administrator: These are the creators of the forum. Admins control everything from user beahvior, monitoring topics, creating new forum features, and making forum announcements. If you ever have a problem, contact an admin.

Moderator: Moderators are like the admins watchdogs. They guard the forum and protect it from spam, useless topics, and flame wars.

Closed Thread: Whenever you see myself or an admin say, "Thread Closed", it usually means we have locked the thread so no one can reply to the thread. This way, useless flame wars are prevented and users are safe.

^That is just some simple forum terms that I thought newer members would get accustom to seeing.

Thank you,
Your local administrator,
~XxTairiqxX
Back to top Go down
https://extremepwnagenetwork.forumotion.com

Forum Terms and Guidelines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ExtremePwnageNetwork :: First Timers Information-
Jump to: